Graphic designers have the power to shape brands and solidify them as household names (where would we be without the sleek Nike swoosh?). As a graphic designer, your website is one of the cornerstones of your business. It’s where potential clients will see your portfolio and figure out whether they want to work with you. An exceptional website showcases your skills and lets people know how you’ve helped other clients achieve results. It also makes it as easy as possible for new clients to get in touch with you and hire you on for their projects.
What should I include on my graphic design website?
An impactful graphic design website has a few essential components. These include:
- Your logo, business name, and a link to your contact information
- Your portfolio of work including images or animations of the projects you are most proud of
- Who you like to work with (e.g. technology companies, small businesses, musicians)
- What type of work you like to do (e.g. logos and branding, digital ads, websites, print and out-of-home advertising like billboards)
- Testimonials from satisfied customers
- An About Us section where you feature any awards or certifications you have, plus information about your background and design style
- Essential contact details like your email address, phone number, and a contact form as well as your social media handles
Build an eye-catching graphic design website.
Visuals are undoubtedly the most important part of your graphic design website. It’s important to show off your work and your style so that potential customers know if you’re the right fit for them. Make sure you feature examples of different types of projects if you pride yourself on being able to tackle any type of project. If you’re more of a specialist, be sure to highlight work that shows how you’ve honed that particular skillet.
You also need to be able to communicate what you can offer new clients. This means talking about your approach and your services in compelling copy across the site. Great copy allows you to express your personality and let potential clients know what the benefits of working with you are.
Finally, clients are looking for the easiest way to get in touch with you. Your website needs to have a clear call to action and a simple way for visitors to find your contact details and send you a message. A contact form is a great way to capture new clients who are looking at your site because they don’t have to click over to their email account to reach out to you.
How do I start creating a graphic design website?
There are plenty of website building platforms out there, but it takes time (not to mention a learning curve) to put one together using these types of tools. You can hire a web designer or programmer, but going back and forth with them can also be time consuming—and it’s also pretty expensive. If you’re not a writing whiz, you might have to hire a copywriter to give you a hand.
That’s why Durable created an AI website builder that can create a fully optimized site with images and copy in just 30 seconds. With the AI website builder, you can get your graphic design website up and running almost instantly, so you can just focus on creating great work and expanding your client base.